These are the images I have taken in the Wyre Forest, Worcestershire which will hopefully be used as backgrounds for the coded, watered down version of our game, Sweet Hostage.
As the forest is the main setting, I took a few photos of different kinds of woodland areas, with paths, without e.t.c.
Above and below are some examples of the editing techniques I used to create the certain fantasy look. All the images were processed in relatively the same way:
- Boost contrast, exposure if necessary in preparation for colour to be adjusted.
- Turn up the blacks which adds depth and brings out detail in the trees and foliage.
- Turn up the clarity higher than you would for a portrait for example. (This makes the lines a lot stronger, reducing flatness)
- According to each image, adjust the green and aqua hue controls which adds to the fantasy style.
- Apply vignette if appropriate.